So what exactly is integrated marketing communication? Does that sound like something you might be interested in? If you’re nodding your head yes, then this guide to integrated marketing communication will provide you with some crucial information about the concept and how it can help you run your marketing strategy like a well-oiled machine. Integrated marketing communication refers to the combination of four types of marketing communications into one cohesive system that works together to reach out to your customers and audience and make them feel appreciated, understood and satisfied with what you have to offer.
What is Integrated Marketing Communication?
Marketing is a marketing communication process which includes the informing and selling of goods, services, or ideas. Integrated marketing communications can refer to a wider scope than traditional marketing activities by encompassing communications from one department of an organization (i.e., public relations) to another (i.e., advertising) and from organizations and consumers simultaneously. The key goal is this discipline is for both parties involved in an exchange (i.e., companies and customers/prospects) achieve a better understanding of what each side offers. This leads us into Integrated Marketing Communications Assignment help which can be seen as integrating the use of specialized marketing channels with messages from general organizational or company literature in order to form one, unified message for prospective clients.
The Importance of IMC
The importance of Integrated Marketing Communications cannot be overstated. This is because it seeks to integrate the four forms of marketing communication into one cohesive strategy. It does this by addressing the following areas: advertising, public relations, promotions, and sales promotions.
- Advertising campaigns are used for informing consumers about the product or service being offered in an effort to persuade them to buy your product or service.
- Public Relations is used for building a positive image for the company, its employees, and its products or services through various forms of media such as print, radio and TV advertising.
- Promotions are used for stimulating sales by lowering prices on products and services; offering discounts on a particular day; etc.
The Benefits of IMC
IMC is a strategy that merges communications into an all-encompassing, integrated process. IMC can be applied to any communications discipline and the benefits of this strategy include more effective messages, better customer understanding, and increased brand equity. In other words, Integrated Marketing Communication Assignment help is worth it.
The Components of IMC
An integrated marketing communication campaign is made up of a series of messages that are planned and executed over a given period of time. The four components of IMC are advertising, public relations, sales promotion, and personal selling.
The goal of IMC is to create an environment where the various elements work together in unison in order to deliver a message that will influence the target market and encourage them to purchase a product or service.
There are five basic steps when developing an IMC campaign.
How to create an IMC plan
The Integrated Marketing Communication plan is the blueprint for your company’s marketing strategy, focusing on the four elements of product, place, price and promotion. The IMC plan can be broken down into seven key steps.
- Product In this step, you will research your target market and brainstorm a product that would fulfill their needs. You will also conduct market research in order to find out what people are willing to pay for this type of product.
- Place In this step, you will identify where your target audience is located and how they prefer to buy products in order to design an effective distribution strategy. You will also decide on a budget range for advertising costs by taking into account the effects of location and frequency of exposure on marketing expenses.
The advantages of using an IMC agency
There are a number of benefits that come with using an Integrated Marketing Communication agency. One of the biggest advantages is that they can help you save money by combining various services into one package. For example, an agency might offer media buying and planning in one offer and marketing collateral design in another. This allows you to get more for less, which saves both time and money.
Another benefit of IMC agencies is that they have many professionals on staff with different skill sets. In fact, many agencies have creatives, strategists, designers, project managers and copywriters all working together on projects under one roof.